Monday, January 4, 2016

Semana Sesenta y Tres


Hey everyone!!! Happy new years!!!! It’s a new year to set goals and things like that. With 2016 here there are going to be a lot of changes. And I don’t know how those changes will turn out, but I do know with the Lord on my side things will be okay. 

Let’s see for the 31st we had weekly planning session as a zone and it was a good planning session that my comp and I had. Hermana Nicolas is getting more confident and it’s awesome. She’s kinda sassy J might be my fault.

But anyways, we dedicated time to trying to find new people, but this week wasn’t the most successful week because of the holiday season and whatnot. But whatever. We ARE going to find more people. 

Heidy and Elvin are going to get baptized on the 16th! They are so cool. They both want to be missionaries and they tell everyone that they are Mormons. They are also good examples to their parents, every time we have a lesson with them they always tell their dad he needs to pray it’s really awesome. I feel that they are going to reactivate their dad. 

Monica as well has a batisimal date for the 30th. I love teaching her because we really don’t need to teach her. She understands everything and as she learns she applies everything that she has already learned to what she is learning in the lesson. She is also a very strong leader. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to teach her and be a part of her conversion process. 

The Lord gives us tender mercies daily. When things are confusing and things look dark and we can’t see the light we should get on out knees and pray. Because that is where we will find light. Praying and reading the scriptures, I love this. I have spent so much time on my knees and pouring out my soul to the Lord and then reading the scriptures. I remember that before my mission I really didn’t understand the reason for why we needed to pray every morning and evening... and I will be honest it was kinda hard for me.... but being here on the mission you spend a good amount of time on your knees praying... and now I understand, I love prayer so much. I can tell my Heavenly Father everything that I am feeling that I am going through... I know he listens to me. I love Him and I love this work. 

Love you all!!!  

Hermana Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment