Monday, December 14, 2015

Semana Sesenta - Tiloarque

This week has been crazy.  So my companion and I didn’t find out about changes until 11:30pm at night. Our zone leader told us that Hermana Muñoz had changes, but we weren’t going to have our changes meeting until the following Wednesday because there was a transportation strike in all of Honduras. What they do with these strikes is that they block the roads that go to all the pueblos and they don’t let anyone in or out until the President of Honduras agrees to their terms.  We thought that she had time to pack and say goodbye to everyone. The next morning we asked permission to get food because we really didn’t buy anything, and then the zone leaders called us again at 10am and told us that we had to be in the church in Roble Oeste so that we could have our reunion de cambios at 12:00pm, so we ran as fast as we could so that Hermana Muñoz could pack.  So we went to the changes meeting and it turns out that I am training!! Hahaha.

I was so surprised and shocked. I went with the trainers that are training for the next two changes to the sister training leaders house, and I am the only griniga. My daughter (or the hermana that I am training) is named Hermana Nicholas, and she is a chapina from Guatemala. She is from Huehuetenango, Guatemala and she’s a sweetheart. I love her so much. She’s shy and timid, but is very very loving and patient.  I feel very very old, every day I wake up so tired and every night I am so tired. It’s fantastic.  Training usually lasts 2 changes, so by that time I will have stayed here in Tiloarque for 7 ½ months, and it’s a ton of time in one place, but the bishop is very happy with the work that has happened since I came, as well as the ward mission leader, and the stake too ... it’s kinda crazy. But I’m just doing what I learned to do, and doing what I was called to do

I’m a little freaked out to be training, but I know that the Lord will help me out. We have already seen miracles this week. This week we contacted a reference that a member family gave us, its their extended family... cousins and such... we taught them and they accepted to be baptized the 23rd of January!!! They are super excited!!! I love this work and it feels so good to be able to work again!!! 

Trust in the Lord in everything you do. Have faith that you can do anything. I promise you that we can do anything with faith. Like the Savoir said, with faith the size of a mustard seed we can move mountains. And a mustard seed isn’t that big, in fact it’s super tiny. I have seen miracles just by having a small amount of faith.  I love the gospel and I love our Savoir. I love you all and have a wonderful week!!! Almost Christmas!!! 

Con amor, 


Hermana Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment