Monday, October 12, 2015

Semana Cincuenta y Dos


Another hard week with some very beautiful miracles. My companion has continued to feel really sick, and something really, really weird happened. I got pegged with insomnia. Like I couldn’t sleep at all. I thought I was relaxed and I did everything to help me relax, but I just could not sleep. It was so weird. I seriously did everything humanly possible within the limits of the mission to try to help me sleep. I actually got to a point where I could not think at all, I couldn’t communicate or understand in Spanish, not even in English. It was really trying and really tough for me because I could just feeling the pressure of trying to be physically okay and as well trying to keep our work and the area afloat - two companions who aren’t okay physically does NOT WORK at all. And it was tough for the both of us knowing that we couldn’t do much. 

The thing is this: even though we were not completely okay physically the Lord continued to work. We actually found someone very amazing and we are so happy. His name is Rodolfo. He is a recently married father with a small child. He is also an evangelical (I dunno if that was correct English spelling). But what’s so interesting is that we talked to him and he shared with us that he knows that the church of Christ should not have people asking for tithing and offerings for their own personal gain, and he doesn’t like that. He also said he really admires our mission work we do, so we ended up talking a bit about Christ’s church and we challenged him to baptism. He accepted!! We are going to see him later today and hopefully meet his wife too. J 

Alexander came to church!! Alone!!! It was awesome. Really lifted up my spirits. Right now his challenge is gaining a testimony of Joseph Smith, and we are helping him little by little. He has a baptismal date for the 24th this month. 

I love this work!!! With one year down I can’t believe how fast time flies. I am so grateful for all of the experiences that come with being a missionary. The trials can be turned into blessings in the future and the experiences we have now will prepare us for the future!!!

Love, 

Hermana Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment