Monday, October 26, 2015

Semana Cincuenta y Cuatro



 
 
Hey all!!!! So this week has been another week of sickness; I got a stomach infection, it hurt so bad that for two days I couldn’t walk. While I was in pain in my bed trying to get comfortable I was just worrying about how our investigators were doing, so Hermana Muñoz and I decided to call the District Leader and ask for his help. And he said that they would go and visit some investigators for us on Wednesday. Later that day they called us and told us that they had some news for us. They came over and told us that they just were with Alexander and Elder Wickel (DL) pulled out the baptismal sheet for Alexander’s baptism. He passed the interview and told us that he is ready to get baptized. It was the most wonderful surprise we have gotten! Later I was talking with my companion and we were talking about how even though we missionaries pass through problems that we can’t always control the work of The Lord still goes on. The Lord has been so good and merciful to us. And on Thursday I still couldn’t move, so we planned and then I was reading my scriptures in Doctrine and Covenants about when Joseph Smith was translating the Book of Mormon and I came across D & C 10:4 and it says: Do not run faster or labor more than you have strength...be diligent unto the end. For me this was my answer. I am not the kind of person to give up when things get hard and I will keep going, doesn’t matter if I am sick. But this scripture taught me that I need to take care of myself too. Especially because I am not super girl or anything. This gave me the patience to wait and have faith that I would be okay. 

Saturday Alexander was baptized!!! It was a very beautiful baptism. Kind crazy because we were running from place to place while my companion was sick. When things were all ready I could tell my companion was felling really bad, so we rested so that she could make it through the rest of the night. After Alexander was baptized he had the opportunity to bear his testimony and it was very spiritual. I felt the Spirit so strong. This has been a very hard change for him because (like I’ve said before) he was studying to be Sacerdote (Priest) in the Catholic Church before the first missionaries taught him and he didn’t want anything to do with them. But when he met us (the Sister missionaries), he received an answer from the Lord and made the decision to follow that answer, no matter how hard it was going to be for him. I love the lesson that he taught all of us here in Tiloarque. He taught us to be even more obedient... like Nephi... no matter how hard it is for us. 

I love everything that I have learned here so far and now I have a goal to be more obedient to the things that the Lord tells me through the scriptures and through the words of his living prophets. Because I KNOW the Lord has prepared a way for us and it is the best way that we will find here in this world. I love you all so much!!!!

Hermana Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment