Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Semana Cinco

Hola Familia y Amigos!!

So it’s my last week at the CCM and then next Tuesday I go out!! Just a word of warning for everyone, I am going to not be able to write ya’all most likely next week, but I do believe that you will get a notification that I am safe. I am not completely sure.

Okay a few things. Mom, I hope I get all your letters before I head out, if not, they will be forwarded to my mission office. And let me know if you have gotten my letters too. They take about two or so weeks to get there I believe.

A few things that have happened this week. Elder Ochoa from the Second Quorum of the Seventy came and talked to us last night. That was so cool! It was such a wonderful talk about having faith that we can do anything and to not justify our shortcomings. Here is one quote that I especially loved. "We can’t change most things, but we can change our attitude, our hearts, and their hearts. Those who have faith in Christ will not focus on the things that aren’t important. It’s no one’s fault, it depends on your faith." I absolutely love that because it really is up to us, faith in something leads us to act, and if we dont have that faith that we can be successful and great then what’s the point of acting. Faith gives us high expectations and we need to shoot for as high as we can. I know that having faith and working my hardest will make me successful while I am teaching. Another thing that I learned, the atonement is not just asking for forgiveness, it is being willing to change who we are, all the time. Being willing to let go of things that are bad and to constantly work to become more like Christ... to become better.

Presidente Cox was gone for a while … they had a meeting with all of the Mission Presidents in Guatemala, and everyone who knows my president says that he is absolutely wonderful!! I am so excited to meet him and his wife in less than a week!!

Other than those few things, not much has happened here. I learn some more Spanish every day, and I learn how to be a better teacher every day. Each day is hard and easy at the same time, and I have discovered so much about myself here. I have gained a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon, and of the atonement of Jesus Christ. When is there any other time in my life that I will be able to study the Book of Mormon and the Bible for hours on end, every single day? I have such an amazing opportunity. During Relief Society last Sunday we were singing I know that my redeemer lives en Espanol. And while we were singing it tears came to my eyes. My heart was so full, here are these 19 and 20 year old girls singing about our Savoir and in just a little while we are going to be preaching and teaching about him. Bringing people back to Him. How wonderful is this opportunity? How lucky am I to be able to be so close to the Savoir and to be teaching about him and changing people lives, for eternity.

I love you all so very much!! Thank you so much for the love that you send me!!


Hermana Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment