Monday, July 6, 2015

Semana Treinta y Ocho

[Note:  Each mission president and his wife (the mission mom) serves for three years managing, training and guiding the approximately 200 young missionaries in their area.  Like the 18-21 year olds under their care, these couples leave their homes, jobs and friends.  The missionaries grow to intensely love them,  so it is a big deal when they leave and the newly assigned couple takes over.  This change happened in Jodi’s mission on July 1, 2015, and the former couple has now returned to their home in the Dominican Republic.  The new couple is from Honduras; their names are Presidente and Hermana Ferman.]   

Hey everyone, short letter this week. Nothing crazy or exciting happened this week, just a lot of personal learning.  My companion has been very, very sick and we haven’t had the chance to work a ton because she just physically cannot.  So, I have been carrying a lot of the load and leading and directing, and it has been downright hard, but in turn I have learned a lot about charity, serving and loving.  I also bore my testimony in Sunday, about how I know I am not a person who talks a lot but that I truly know that my Savior lives and that He loves me, that He is my older brother and that through him we can become clean from our sins. 

We have had many great finds this week and I’m am so glad because all of them are families! They are all so wonderful. I am so excited for this next month to work and to be a servant of the Lord. 

Finally, I sang a song in a zone meeting this week with my companion.  Everyone here thinks I can sing.   Plus, the assistants to the president called me on Saturday and asked me if I could sing a solo in the activity that we are going to have with Presidente Ferman this Wednesday... ahhhhhhh I’m terrified!!! 

I love you all!!!


Hermana Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment