Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Semana Veinte Cinco - cold showers and no luz

Hola everyone!! Sorry if this is late!! Yesterday we had an actividad de zona and it was so much fun!! I had cambios and I think Presidente got sick of seeing me every Sunday J ha-ha just kidding. I got sent to one of the areas that’s farthest away from the city. Its called Marcala in Zona La Esperanza, it’s one of the prettiest and one of the coldest areas in the mission. So it means that I am in a pueblo!! Sometimes the lights go out at night, the showers aren’t heated, and we don’t have a washer or dryer, but you know what? I love it so much!! It’s so cool!! I love my companera, she is from El Salvador and she just finished training, so she’s a little timid and shy. I can testify that the Lord listens to us. I was asking for someone that will help me be bolder, and because I am with her I have to take the lead and be an example for her. 

This area is awesome for working... everyone is super open and listens to you. For General Conference our mission had the goal of bringing 6 people and one family to church, we were able to bring 7 and 2 families. J The really hard thing is that everyone is inactive because they don’t like the branch president. There have been some issues in the past. 

This past weekend with Semana Santa and Domingo de Pascua (Easter) I want to focus on the atonement. With all of the talks that focused on the atonement. It’s so important that we recognize and remember why we have the atonement. Without it we wouldn’t be able to live with our Heavenly Father again and be clean of everything that we have done wrong. Christ fills our lives with the things that we falter and it’s our responsibility to share this message with everyone and give everyone an opportunity to know it. Be an example, share the gospel, and do temple work!!! The temple is critical!! I love the temple so much and beings 5 hours away from one makes me realize how important and how special it really is. I love you all so much!! 

Hermana Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment