Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Semana Dieciocho

Dear Family,

This Valentine’s Day was super special because we had a baptism!! And it is my first completed family here!! But that’s not the blessing, the blessing was seeing the face of Hermana Rubenia during the baptism because she was so happy and she knows that it is just one step closer to having a sealed family and an eternal family. That is the blessing. Seeing the joy on other people’s faces when someone they love is starting on the path that Christ set for us, it’s so hard to describe just the amount of joy that you feel in that momento.

Well tomorrow is cambios and yesterday marked my last day of being in training, so I am officially over with training and tomorrow it is more tan likely that I will get a new companion because Hermana Calderon has been in the same area for six months. I’m nervous and excited all at the same time.

This week has been so much better!! Just having faith and praying and working hard is paying off!! We have found more people and 2 new families to teach, and yesterday in church we had 4 investigators come and 2 families come!! It was so awesome!!

I am starting to love it here so much. I am working hard on just focusing on the here and now and just enjoying myself.  Sometimes it’s hard because the work here is so hard, but it is so rewarding and I can feel myself growing, the other hermanas have commented on how I have grown. I am starting to feel more confident and I only want to do the Lords will here. That is what matters.  My Spanish is also coming along, little by Little. Patience and faith and showing that you have faith that you can learn the language is the key.

Anyways, one chapter that I absolutely love is actually in Isaiah, chapter 53. It is about the Savoir and everything that he did and experienced for us. I love it because you can just feel the love that he has for us and I am forever grateful for everything that he did, because without him we wouldn’t have a new chance and opportunity to live again and become like Him and live with our loving Heavenly Father. I encourage all of you to show your love to him by planting a seed in someone you know, doesn’t matter who, be an example and share just a little bit of the gospel with someone because Heavenly Father has a plan for us and he uses the people around us to bless our lives.

Love you all!!


Hermana Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment