Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Semana Catorce

Hola Otra Vez!!

This week was interesting to say the least. Wednesday we went to the temple and did a session...kinda flustering because I couldn’t understand everything, but still very good. I also saw Elder Hales again!!! So funny whenever I see him because it’s a reminder of home, but in Honduras!!!

This week has been a week of trying to find more people to teach. Our Fechas have been falling, so we need to find more people, WE found one person, her name is Merina, and she has 6 daughters!!! It’s insane!!! We are going to continue talking with her because she is super positive, although she isn’t able to read so we are going to help her with that too. We’ll read the Book of Mormon with her and discuss what we read. :) 

Things have been interesting these past two days.  Hermana Calderon and I can’t go to one of our neighborhoods for a week or so because one of the recent investigators we teach is the only investigator in her community and she received a death threat from the family of her spouse saying that if she went to church they were going to kill her.... SO we can’t go to visit her for a while because we going would put her life more in danger and she has two little kids, a 5 year old and a 2 year old. Please pray for her.  Her name is Hermana Rubenia, please pray for her safety and that the family will soften their hearts. I AM COMPLETELY SAFE MOM DON’T WORRY ABOUT ME. Pray for her though. Anyway that has been my week.  :)  

I have a quote I love, ¨find joy in the journey¨ this is by Thomas S. Monson. To be honest the adjustment to everything here has been really hard for me. Especially the food, but this quote has helped me and I am learning to find joy in every day. Some days are really hard, but it is for my growth, and it’s always better to find joy in everything here because it’s better to laugh than it is to cry. The same applies to everyday life, some days are harder than others, but we need to keep pressing forward with joy and with hope that things will be better. I encourage you all to have a hope and faith in Christ. Especially have a faith in Christ, through your actions and your sayings. I love you all!!!

Love, Hermana Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment