Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Semana Dos

Hola Familia!!

First off I love hearing about what you guys have done over the week!! It puts a smile on my face every time I hear from you!!

This week I am writing earlier than normal because the Latino missionaros are leaving for their campos tomorrow (the field) and this means that everyone left in the CCM... which is like 20 people… are going on a little field trip tour tomorrow. We are going to a market here for a couple hours. I am so excited!!! WE get to get out of here for a little bit!!! Sitting around all day is really tolling. I am exhausted every single day J, haha, but on Wednesday we get a new set of missioneros. They are all Nortes, we don’t get any Latinos for a couple of weeks. I am going to miss them so much. Even though there is a language barrier some of them have become my very dear friends. They are so loving and kind.

The language has been very hard, we work at it every day, and I kind of have been too hard on myself. So I get discouraged. But I am working at it. The teachers here are fantastic!! They are all recent RMs so they are still in "missionary mode" haha.

Also I don’t know if I mentioned this but my zone is basically the best, we are all getting to know each other pretty well and some are getting to be my good friends. Last night during our zone meeting we all shared pictures of our families.... I couldn’t find any of us before but I remembered I had an old one of us, and me and dad.... could I somehow get some pictures of you guys? I miss your faces!!

One thing that is hard here is being with a companion 24-7, I love my companion, but the only time I have time to be alone is at night and when I shower.   J haha I’ll get used to it though.

A couple experiences: we watched the testaments last night and I cried at the end. I love how he doesn’t even need to see the face of Christ to know it was him. He waited his whole life to see him and he became blind, but as soon as he heard his voice he started crying. It got me thinking, how well we know Christ? Will we know him well enough that all we need to hear is his voice? That is my goal, I want to be able to know Christ. I love him with my whole heart and I want to become like him. I want others to come to him.

Another experience: We learned about charity, and how it is unconditional. And our teacher challenged us to pray to have charity. Because we will get companions that we will not get along with. And we need to love them, not judge and serve them, because if we don’t work together in unity they spirit can’t dwell with us. Like I said it’s hard to have someone by your side 24-7 but I am praying to have charity. Charity to me means you love everyone no matter what they do, you don’t judge even if you don’t agree with what they are doing, and you love them.

I love you all so much!! I won’t write again until next Wednesday, but know that you are all in my prayers!! I love it here, and mom!!! There are armed guards that stand outside of the CCM!!! HAHA and when we take the 30 second walk to the temple, the Hermanas have to stand in between the elders. Just thought you should know.

Con Amor


Hermana Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment